Documentation needed in order to rent a vehicle on Dominican Republic / Santo Domingo In order to rent a car on the Island, you will need to have your driver’s license, passport and an accepted credit card available
Documentation needed in order to drive on Dominican Republic.
Santo Domingo Foreign and International driving licenses are accepted. You do not need any other form of documentation in order to drive on the Island.
• Driving laws and culture on Dominican Republic.
Santo Domingo Driving is on the right-hand side as in the U.S. Be aware of frequent stopping. It is common to use the horn or high beams (during the day) to greet or thank another driver.
• Parking on Dominican Republic.
Santo Domingo There is not limited parking in Dominican Republic.
Santo Domingo, also there is privet parking where you have to paid.
Santo Domingo Each car rental company decides how old the driver of the vehicle must be.
• Seatbelt, safety seat, and helmet policy on Dominican Republic.
Santo Domingo All drivers and passengers must wear their seatbelts, and all motorcyclists must wear helmets. Children under four-years-old should be in a child safety seat. Older children should ride in the back seat. You can not use your cellular phone since you are driving. If you don’t use your seatbelt or your are using your cellular phone you have to paid at fine.
• Road conditions on Dominican Republic.
Santo Domingo Most main streets are well-lit at dark. The main roads are in good condition.
• Speed limits do exist, but there is no control until now. But you shouldn’t drive more than 120 kilometer on highways and 80 kilometer on other roads. Inside villages reduce to 40 kilometer, because children play on the streets.